Looking for Web Scrape solution which is way over my head / copying ISP data usage into cell.

peejaygee

My ISP has a data usage report/page, and I personally have a simple, max usage/days of month, sitting on excel, with a conditional format that highlights the current date, so at a glance, I go to their site, see how much I've used, and if the value in my excel sheet is more than the usage, I know I'm good to update my steam games. :)

So, I learn of web-scraping in Excel, but I can't get my head around it. I managed to open the URL (after signing in, and I also appreciate there will be times when I need to re-sign in) but I can't get it to recognize any tables (which I'm guessing it doesn't have)

So, I started googling, and there are VBA solutions, plugin solutions, etc and I started sinking into something way above what I'll be able to do, so I turned here.

Is there anyways, to parse a website, look for a particular line of text, i.e. "554GB used this month" and then just grab the 554GB and put it into a cell? [then I could even less than compare and make the cell green if I was good for data]

I hope this explains my dilemma well enough. I'm happy to provide more details, links, etc on request, but someone may have already done this with their current ISP (one of the monopolies in the USA) so may have already have it setup and working.

Can anybody help me?

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back