lilgreen

Here is my struggles. I had macros in my excel document which everything was working fine. We kept coming up with the problem that in order for someone to use it and they worked from home they had to vpn in. Next thing was if someone has to use it and make a change and another user has it open you had to wait and hope they remembered to close it when done. Our solution was to go to excel online which we know macros do not work.

I don't have a big issue with leaving out macros I mean it save steps and eliminates human errors but that is okay. First question is there an add in for online?

Is there a solution for that anyone has. I have a larger sheet that has basically tasks for everyone on the team. My boss like to see them all in one place. While it would be nice for each person to see only their own tasks so it isn't cluttered with all the tasks. Could everything be linked from one sheet to main sheet? If it is I want to be able to make a change on either and it would reflect on both. My first thought was to just change it to a table and each person could filter out their name. When I do that whatever the view is on one person it is same for everyone. So in essence I could be looking aat my task and it could appear to disappear.

I am starting to think Access may be the way to go. Any thoughts on my questions? Lot of geniuses on this site.

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back