Need MDI - Need to find a legitimate seller of Excel 2010

wrexcel

Microsoft is dropping support for Excel 2010 at the end of the year.
My applications need MDI to run efficiently.

Does anyone know of a legitimate source where I could purchase a copy?

All the sources I have found on the Internet seem questionable.

Thank you for your help.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Firtsly, support for Office 2010 runs out next year, not this year.
Secondly I don't see what that has to do with finding a reliable company who will sell you a copy.

Having had a quick look there are copies available on Amazon, but it's up to you to decide if it's legit or not.

Upvote 0
Thank you for posting the correct EOL date for Excel 2010, Fluff.

I noticed a yellow bar reminder of the impending EOL when I opened Excel a few days ago and jumped to the conclusion it was this coming this year. You've given me another year to search for a solution.

Yes, there are advertised copies available, but not from trusted brand retailers I recognize. They have mostly moved on.

Amazon directs you to 3rd parties and when you read some of their reviews, it's not totally problem free. Many complaints about internet vendors reported: product keys not working, (even multiple keys), illegitimate copies being sold, not getting the right software, problems with installation, viruses,... and then problems trying to get your money back. Problems that I am trying to avoid. Many of the posted prices are ridiculously low or high.

Yes, it's up to me to decide who is legit, but I think there is a wealth of experience here, not just technical, but also in dealing with reputable sources. Hopefully, someone out here has had a good experience in buying a copy of Excel 2010 recently and will post here about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would be very surprised if anyone has recently bought a copy of 2010, Microsoft stopped selling it about 6 years ago (when 2013 came out), and most vendors will have runout of it sometime ago.
Leaving the potential dodgy sellers.

Also most people would prefer an uptodate product, rather than something almost 10years old

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know what your applications look like, or how hard it would be to change them, but it's probably time to consider updating them to work with SDI. There are many tools on the View tab, like Custom Views, Panes, Split, Hide, etc. that can provide many options. Building a nice dashboard can help. But at this point, it's pretty unlikely that Microsoft will go back to MDI, and you're getting increasingly out of date. Your issues with sticking with Excel 2010 are only going to get worse.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sienna de Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back