Pull GL Coding from Transaction Matrix of Cardholders and Shortened Vendor/Transaction Data

SirGruffles

Hello!

I'm trying to create a "transaction matrix" of sorts for expediting the AMEX statement at the end of the month.

I've got columns designated for my full employee's names, with rows going to shortened purchase names. For instance, "Uber Xasdqb239871-0-X" was shortened to just "Uber". I was hoping to make use of Excel's "*xxx*" 'contains' mechanic to make this work.

I've attached a screenshot of an example of 2 Matrix cells. Names were changed to keep my employees identities secret.
MtI6KAi
Link here, as I can't get the **** link function to work: https://imgur.com/a/MtI6KAi

For this purpose, let's say Tommy purchased something from "Frantic Flowers 18004567890 x2234" for $40. (I'm imagining this as a Index Match scenario).
I would like this formula to recognize "Tommy Wiseau" as the cardholder, and "*Flowers*" as the transaction, and pull the GL 6221-710-000 into the cell.

Any ideas? I really appreciate any help given :D

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back