Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Excel Analytics for Dummies

Can anyone point me to a good resource for learning how to do some basic analytics in Excel? What I'm trying to learn how to do is look at all the operating and maintenance costs of hundreds of facilities and determine which ones cost the least/most overall. Also to look for cases where a property manager might be under-performing, overspending, incorrectly coding transactions, or downright stealing from the company.

I'm trying to look at everything at an individual facility/property level. I have the following criteria that could factor into the costs to operate the facility:
    1. Geographic location (by state)
    2. Type of building (Floor Plan A vs Floor Plan B.... vs. Floor Plan X)
    3. Avg number of customers using the building per week
    4. Size of building in square feet
    5. The year the facility was built

Criteria 1-2 allow me to compare apples to apples since heating costs in Canada will be significantly higher than in Mexico.
    With criteria 3-5, I would expect a direct correlation: more people, bigger building, older facility = higher operating costs

The problem is that I just don't know how to effectively analyze all these criteria together. Any ideas where I could start learning how to address this? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool Re: Excel Analytics for Dummies

maybe:
    Customer Analytics For Dummies - Amazon
    or
    Customer Analytics For Dummies - Dummies.com

Part I: Getting Started with Customer Analytics.............. 5
    Chapter 1: Introducing Customer Analytics...................................................................7
    Chapter 2: Embracing the Science and Art of Metrics.................................................15
    Chapter 3: Planning a Customer Analytics Initiative....................................................31
    Part II: Identifying Your Customers.............................. 41
    Chapter 4: Segmenting Customers.................................................................................43
    Chapter 5: Creating Customer Personas........................................................................61
    Chapter 6: Determining Customer Lifetime Value........................................................75
    Part III: Analytics for the Customer Journey................. 85
    Chapter 7: Mapping the Customer Journey..................................................................87
    Chapter 8: Determining Brand Awareness and Attitudes..........................................103
    Chapter 9: Measuring Customer Attitudes..................................................................113
    Chapter 10: Quantifying the Consideration and Purchase Phases...........................133
    Chapter 11: Tracking Post-Purchase Behavior...........................................................151
    Chapter 12: Measuring Customer Loyalty...................................................................163
    Part IV: Analytics for Product Development................ 185
    Chapter 13: Developing Products That Customers Want..........................................187
    Chapter 14: Gaining Insights through a Usability Study............................................207
    Chapter 15: Measuring Findability and Navigation....................................................231
    Chapter 16: Considering the Ethics of Customer Analytics......................................249
    Part V: The Part of Tens............................................ 255
    Chapter 17: Ten Customer Metrics You Should Collect............................................257
    Chapter 18: Ten Methods to Improve the Customer Experience.............................263
    Chapter 19: Ten Common Analytic Mistakes..............................................................267
    Chapter 20: Ten Methods for Identifying Customer Needs.......................................271
    Appendix: Predicting with Customer Analytics............ 277
    Last edited by sandy666; Sep 5th, 2019 at 05:07 PM.
    I know you know but I forgot my Crystal Ball and don't know what you know

In the first post, show the type of machine (PC / Mac) and the Office version you are working on
    I don't use vba in any form!

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Excel Analytics for Dummies

Powerpivot would be a good way and there is tons of YouTube vids om creating data models and the accompaning pivot tables.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List