ReadyState check not working in IE11

josechakkala

I had automated an internal application (IE) in my company using excel macro. In the code i have used readystate property of the document object to determine whether the page is loaded or not. Now when I upgraded my IE to IE11, ready state function is not working. When googled came to know that property is removed from IE1 onwards. Not able to find any alternative for ready state. Requesting your help.

As the application is in my companys intranet, not possible to paste the URL.

Piece of code am referring to is updated below. In that ReqResWindow is the IE Object and DocObjReqRes is a document object.

Set DocObjReqRes = ReqResWindow.Document
Do
DocObjReqResReadyState = DocObjReqRes.ReadyState
Loop Until DocObjReqResReadyState = "complete"

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
try this if it work .....
Code:
DoRepeatLoop
While DocObjReqResReadyState.Busy
        Application.Wait Now + TimeValue("0:00:1")
        GoTo DoRepeatLoop
    Wend

Upvote 0
Hi, I have found a solution to this, not sure if others would recommend it but i found that with some pages, when you log into a page, the do until readystate_complete doesn't work. I have used the below and it works perfectly, I hope it helps you and others looking for a solution!

wait1:
On Error Resume Next
If htmldoc.getElementById("myaccountpage:filterForm:searchFilterText").placeholder <> "filter on bill, property, meter & spids" Then
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("00:00:01"))
DoEvents
GoTo wait1
End If

to explain, it is looking for a certain element on the loaded page(once you have logged in), and will keep looping until it finds it, it used the 'on error resume next' function to bypass the error it throws up when it can't find the ID, it will only continue when it finds that ID (when the page has loaded)

to explain my dims:

dim IE as internet explorer
dim htmldoc as HTMLDocument
set htmldoc = ie.document

i have used the 'get elementbyID but i'm sure it will work with getelementbyclassname or other get element functions.

the .placeholder refers to text within text box HTML of that ID below:

<input name="myaccountpage:filterForm:searchFilterText" id="myaccountpage:filterForm:searchFilterText" style="width: 40%;" onkeydown="if(event.keyCode==13){return false;}" type="text" <u=""> placeholder="filter on bill, property, meter & spids">

I do hope my explanation helps others with this issue as i couldn't find a solid answer anywhere, I had to come up with this myself!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back