Excel copied items cut off when pasted to Word

Delfinus25

Board Regular
I have one user who is encountering this issue, and I cannot duplicate on my machine (we have same Excel version, Word version, patches, etc. Using Office 2013)

When she copies from Excel and pastes to WORD as a picture, the image is cut off. It doesn't matter if she copies 1 column or 20, the right side is missing. It is only happening when coming from Excel - pasting an image from anywhere else works correctly.

We have tried the following:
Change column #
Change line spacing
Changing crop size
Copy as a picture from Excel
Changing Smart Cut & Paste settings
Disabling hardware graphics acceleration

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
As an Image, she is using the Snipping Tool from within Word?

Upvote 0
No. She highlights a group of cells in Excel, right click - copies.
Goes into word and right click - Paste As Picture.

Upvote 0
I have tried several other changes included telling Excel not to compress images, and changing the default target output, but still no luck.

Any suggestions on this issue?

Upvote 0
I do get some behavior like what you describe when working with multiple columns on the page or section...

Upvote 0
I am dealing with the exact same issue.
It is endlessly frustrating.
Restarting the computer temporarily resolves the issue for me, but the issue invariably comes back.

Upvote 0
Im dealing with the same issue now, has no one found a solution? ******* fustrating to work with..

Upvote 0
I have never figured out a resolution. Sometimes an Office Repair helps, sometimes a computer restart helps, but usually it's just a waiting game until it stops doing it. And you are right - it's VERY frustrating to work with. Generally I just use a snipping tool or the built in snip (Win Shift S) now, and those seem to paste in correctly.

Upvote 0
This may actually be a display driver issue, with the driver not supplying the correct data to the Windows clipboard. As a workaround (pending a driver or other update), you may try copying a larger area, then using Word's cropping tool to remove any excess from whatever gets pasted.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what everyone else's set-up is like, but I'm using a laptop with a docking station and a second monitor, and I've (only recently after much annoyance) found that un-docking from the station and just using it as a normal laptop while cutting and pasting works.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back