I am impatient.

VensterDaan

I posted a question about an hour ago, yet as it hasn't been approved yet, I have nothing to really do at the moment. So this is my tiny bit of venting. Nothing left to do but wait.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
I have to say, this is the first time complaining about something has worked so well. Does this mean it's encouraged to be impatient?

You should never expect to get instant answers here.

Last edited:
I don't, but my previous post was looked at about 50 times in the past 24 hours without a single remark of asking information or anything. I know you aren't obligated to input at all. But it fel a bit meh. I'l stop complaining now..

Yes I understand. If I knew how to help you I would but this is beyond my knowledgebase.
I don't, but my previous post was looked at about 50 times in the past 24 hours without a single remark of asking information or anything. I know you aren't obligated to input at all. But it fel a bit meh. I'l stop complaining now..

Being impatient really is a bad personality trait to have to do stuff like this.. I added two more threads and one of them is an easy question. Yet all i see is it slowly dropping down, will bumping it give other people the idea that it has been answered?

Forum rules ask you to only bump questions about once a day. I will look at your other question and see if I can help.
Being impatient really is a bad personality trait to have to do stuff like this.. I added two more threads and one of them is an easy question. Yet all i see is it slowly dropping down, will bumping it give other people the idea that it has been answered?

I mustve missed that, but as my request was changing over time, i don't believe i was really bumping that much, since you can't edit i had to fill in other updates.

Nothing works and all these painkillers do is leave me incapable of thinking.. At least take away the pain..

Many people are worried that if their thread falls of the first page, that people will not see it, so they “bump” it repeatedly. What they don’t realize is that this is usually counter-productive, and often actually reduces the chances that their thread is viewed and answered!

Why is this?

The biggest reason is because of the “Zero Reply Posts” menu selection (which appears in the middle of the top menu). This list shows all recent threads with zero replies. Many users use this list to look for unanswered questions. However, once a reply is made to a thread, it falls off of this list. So for those who use this list to look for unanswered questions, they will not see any "bumped" threads.

Combine that with the fact that this is an international forum with experts all over the world logging on at different times during the day, many experts may never see your question because it is no longer on “Zero Reply Posts” list, whereas if it were not “bumped”, it would still appear on that list and they may see it.

Another reason is that excessive bumping may make posters look impatient, demanding, or overanxious, which may turn off many potential helpers, thus decreasing your chances of getting a reply.

Our advice, as it applies to “bumping” your own threads is as follows:
- Wait a full 24 hours before bumping. This will allow experts all over the world to see it as an unanswered question. If posting on the weekend, you may want to wait even longer, since traffic is a lot lower on the weekends (many users do not log in on weekends)
- “Bump” your threads no more than once a day

If you find you are not getting responses, it may be because your question isn’t clear. You can respond back to your thread with clarifications. See the following two links for tips on posting complete and clear questions:
Guidelines for Forum Use
Help Us Help You

Also, please be aware of our rules referenced here: Forum Rules, especially as it pertains to re-posting your questions (rule #12) and posting the same question on other forums (rule #13).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back