New Forum Features July 31 2017

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello All

There are some new features installed today:

• vbOptimise - using regis caching to speed page load
  • Like/Thank posts - If you like a particular reply to a post, you can like the post. Anything with > 5 likes will appear in a special color
  • Cookie Control - to be compliant with the EU cookie rules, you can choose which cookies to allow. We recommend allowing them all.
  • Member tagging - you can now tag a member in a post by using @MrExcel in the post.

Bill

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
There are some new features installed today:

• vbOptimise - using regis caching to speed page load
  • Like/Thank posts - If you like a particular reply to a post, you can like the post. Anything with > 5 likes will appear in a special color
  • Cookie Control - to be compliant with the EU cookie rules, you can choose which cookies to allow. We recommend allowing them all.
  • Member tagging - you can now tag a member in a post by using @MrExcel in the post.
Thanks Bill for the addition of a Like system that works properly (and for the addition of Thanks as well)!

It probably does not apply to anything I do, but so I know... what exactly is "member tagging"?

Last edited:
Hi Rick

Member tagging is similar to Facebook or Twitter when you want someone else to notice a post. For example, you might see someone post a slick formula and remember that @someone was talking about a similar thing last week. By putting @ and their name, you will create a notification for them to take a look at the post.

For people with a space in their name. @Rick Rothstein will work.

The same module also offers the ability to use hashtags such as #VBA or #VLOOKUP to tag a post.

A complete description of the module is here: Advanced User Tagging - DragonByte® Technologies | Premium Mods & Addons

Bill

Last edited:
New features look slick & nice to see a like system that works but does this mean all our previous Likes have been re-set to zero?

Dave

All like you have received or give before the update are gone. If you look in your profile you will see that you have no likes unless you got one after the update.

One thing I don't like about the upgrade/redesign is the User Tag List and Thank/Like/Dislike being at the top of the thread taking up quite a bit of 'real estate'.

Can it be moved?

Yeah, it looks like, this being a new system, all previous Likes were lost (2099 of them for me).

Gosh, I had 7, and they're gone, all gone ... :cry:

Reactions: GTO
Around 150 lost likes for me. I wonder if people at Stack Overflow lose their badges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back