Excel Alarm Clock

Hi guy999:

Thanks for the feedback.

Try this:

From the ThisWorkbook module, click anywhere in the Workbook_Open sub, and then click run. That should set the missing object variable. Once this is done, save the workbook and try to reopen it.

If you have your macro security settings set to disable macros with notification, then enable macros and then click on 'Settings' on the clock, then click 'Save & Exit' or 'Cancel' from the settings menu. This will also set the missing object variable.

Please report back on how it works.

Regards,

CJ

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Thank you MrIfOnly .

With your instruction I was able to get the clock running. However, the display flickers constantly when changing seconds. Attempted to use Application.ScreenUpdating = False in various sections of the macro code but to no avail.

Do you have any suggestions how to stop the flicker ?

Hey Logit:

My display doesn't flicker, but the cursor does. If that's what you mean, I couldn't get around this either. However, I supplied the option to increase the amount of time between updates in the Settings menu. Go to Settings and increase the Update Time and see if that helps.

Regards,

CJ

Wow...yeah, that's pretty bad. I'm not sure why that is happening and I haven't seen that on any of the computers I tested on.

Thanks for posting this issue and sorry I don't have an immediate solution.

Thank you MrIfOnly
Got to work with macro settings, didn't need to open ThisWorkbook module.

Works fine now thanks, but yes my cursor does flicker when updating but not the whole screen.

Thanks for this

MrIfOnly

Thank you so much for posting it, These projects are very helpful for understanding VBA programming to beginners as well as advance users. I really liked your project keep up the good work.

Thank you so much once again (y)

mandukes:

Thanks for the (much needed) ego boost!

Best regards,

CJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back