Excel Alarm Clock

MrIfOnly

So, I made this alarm clock as mostly an exercise in VBA that turned into a nice little time-killer project for me. I'm sharing it here for all who want it:

https://www.4shared.com/file/K_f8zqvRei/Alarm_Clock.html

A few of its features:

• dual alarm
  • adjustable snooze time
  • adjustable update time
  • set alarms as: buzzer (choose from any standard sound file), music library file, 'speak to me', or run macro.
  • multiple color schemes
  • dimmer
  • select font of your choice
  • full screen option
  • 24 hour clock option
  • snooze button countdown

I am not (nor will I be in the future) asking for any money, but I would be very appreciative of any and all feedback, comments, suggestions, criticisms and feature requests.

Regards,

CJ

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
So, I made this alarm clock as mostly an exercise in VBA that turned into a nice little time-killer project for me. I'm sharing it here for all who want it:

https://www.4shared.com/file/K_f8zqvRei/Alarm_Clock.html

A few of its features:

• dual alarm
  • adjustable snooze time
  • adjustable update time
  • set alarms as: buzzer (choose from any standard sound file), music library file, 'speak to me', or run macro.
  • multiple color schemes
  • dimmer
  • select font of your choice
  • full screen option
  • 24 hour clock option
  • snooze button countdown

I am not (nor will I be in the future) asking for any money, but I would be very appreciative of any and all feedback, comments, suggestions, criticisms and feature requests.
I click the link you posted and could not figure out which Download button was the one for your file and which was part of an ad. Why don't you set up an account on DropBox and post your file there (it will be much clearer to figure out how to download it there)?

I wasn't sure what you were talking about, Rick, until I turned off my ad-blocker. It looks like every download button on that site redirects to an ad site. I will upload this to Dropbox later tonight.

Thanks.

CJ

Well...not having heard any feedback on this yet, I'm not sure if anyone has tried it, but for those who have, I uploaded an updated version tonight. The new version fixes a couple of minor cosmetic issues, allows the user to set the clock background as a gradient or picture (via the normal Excel toolbars), and turns off screen updating if the clock is not the active workbook. This last change continues to check the time and alarms set, however, so still may cause conflicts with workbooks running macros utilizing a timer.

HI,
I attempted this but unfortunately it does not work in the 64 bit version.

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear it didn't work. Unfortunately, I don't have 64-bit version and I'm not sure exactly what would cause the issue between versions. Perhaps someone here well versed in 64-bit programming could take a look at the code.

I downloaded it and it works but when I close the file it resizes Excel window. Running Office 365.

Thanks for the feedback Scott. I wasn't able to duplicate this but it doesn't entirely surprise me. I tried my best to keep the clock centered and properly zoomed on the display, but was never really satisfied with the result. I sort of settled for best result on the 3 computers that I tested it on. I thought I covered resizing issues in the Workbook_BeforeClose event, but by your report, I wasn't successful. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Regards,

CJ

Hi
Like the look and idea of this, but when i download and open after enable editing get this message.

Run time error 91
Object variable or with block variable not set

Any ideas how to fix, running
Microsoft office prof plus 2010 , 32 bit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back