The big 1,000,000!

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Eric,

wow, that's a big milestone.
And the next two milestones are also in sight:
<dt style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; display: inline; color: rgb(62, 62, 62);">5,000,000 posts - currently at 4,927,902
400,000 members - currently at 398,143.

</dt>

It looks like the MrExcel forum recently exceeded 1,000,000 threads! Quite a milestone. That's a lot of answered questions!
Quite an milestone indeed! I note that the 1,000,000 threads is for the entire forum, but the bulk of those are from the Excel Questions sub-forum which, as of this post, stands at...

Threads: 925,631

It won't be too long now before the Excel Questions sub-forum itself hits the 1,000,000 threads and 5,000,000 posts marks.

The growth rate also seems to be picking up, but we'd probably need the moderators to speak to that. I've been watching that number for a while, and I estimated we'd hit that mark sometime next year, but it crept up faster than I thought. This is thread 1,000,086 - I'd hoped to open the exact 1,000,000th, but someone else got it.

For what it's worth, I recently looked at the front page of this domain (MrExcel.com) to see that it's gotten a face lift (looks nice!) In addition to that, Bill added an article talking about the 1,000,000 threads and a bit of history of the forum. Pretty interesting.

Eric W

When I came across this thread, "Re: The big 1,000,000!", I wondered on earth what is this ExcelVBA quizz that has bothered Eric!!!!

IT WASN'T A QUIZZ, PHEW!!!!!

Patrick

Eric,

wow, that's a big milestone.
And the next two milestones are also in sight:
<dt style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; display: inline; color: rgb(62, 62, 62);">5,000,000 posts - currently at 4,927,902
400,000 members - currently at 398,143.

</dt>

Already past 400,000 members: Currently at 400,439.

Number of posts: 4<dd style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; display: inline; color: rgb(62, 62, 62);">,952,727.
Still a way to go to reach 5,000,000.

And there will be the 20th anniversary of mrexcel.com at November 21.
Is there is anything planned?

</dd>

I definitely want to do something to commemorate the 20th anniversary on November 21. But I don't know what yet. Any ideas?

Well, you could fly all the MVPs to Florida for a party! :devilish:

Since that's probably a non-starter, maybe run some MrExcel challenges like those in the old days. Once a month until November?

Maybe some bios of the people behind the scenes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back