jim may

Over the years I've been seeing the subject product increasing more and more in the MS office field.

As I look through the features being offered off the Banner Ad here in Mr Excel - I do not see any
reference or wording with regard to Visual Basic for Applications. Can someone clue me in on whether
the VBA component is available in Office 365?

Thanks,

Jim May

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Office 365 is a subscription, not a product as such. It includes full desktop versions of Office (which one is dependent on your subscription level), which support VBA. The online version of Office (which is not actually related to 365) does not support VBA in any way, and nor will it.

Office 365 is a subscription, not a product as such. It includes full desktop versions of Office (which one is dependent on your subscription level), which support VBA. The online version of Office (which is not actually related to 365) does not support VBA in any way, and nor will it.

Roy A.

I have both Office 365 and Office 365 Pro Plus (on separate computers but hosted in the cloud as a subscription service) and both support VBA (fully as far as I can tell). Have not noticed any limitations, in my use. I am running into issues with potential limitations in the Data Model but haven't eliminated user error.

jarummel

You are talking about the software that is installed on your computer which does, as I said, support VBA. The version of Excel that runs online in a web browser does not support VBA, and never will barring a fundamental and miraculous shift by Microsoft.

You are talking about the software that is installed on your computer which does, as I said, support VBA. The version of Excel that runs online in a web browser does not support VBA, and never will barring a fundamental and miraculous shift by Microsoft.

Sorry, didn't realize you were speaking of the Office "apps" that only run on a browser. Yes, I'm sure that version does not support VBA.

jaustin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back