bearcub

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
My Google Chrome crashed on Wednesday. I can' start Chrome, I get the aw-snap not enough memory message. I can't access office 365 - I tried to reinstall it and I get an error message about a storage dll missing. Yet, I get the message that everything is installed and ready to go. Or, if I try to open Excel I get a message that my computer is not configured to handle it.

When I crashed I was trying to close a tab (I must have had 10 open at the time). Everything froze so I just turned off my computer. When I went to restart it, I kept on getting a blank screen. Finally, I figured out that I could access the task manager so I know the operating system works properly. After a few tries I was eventually able to log in and see my screen normally but with limitations - Office 365 appears to be uninstalled yet I can see it is installed and tried to even reinstall it a couple of times.

How would I go about doing a diagnostic on my computer and reinstalling the corrupted files?

I can use Firefox but not IE or Google Chrome. When I try to start Chrome I get these little pops that mm McAfee has crashed, Cisco has crashed, Adblocker has crashed, etc.

I tried to trouble shoot Google by following their instruction but without any luck. I press the start up key (the leftmost button on the task bar, and nothing shows up. I can use other applications just not Office related programs. It's like it is missing but when I go to program install and uninstall tool I see all the programs being loaded. It feels like something is blocking the programs from running properly.

Hopefully, I won't have to reboot my entire system and I reinstall the damaged system files

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help,

Michael

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Thank you for the link. I'll try that. Hopefully I can uninstall and reinstall office. I can't even get to the start up menu - when I press the traditional start button in the left hand corner, I don't get anything.

How do I find a system restored date? I've never done that before but I'll try it.

What did you mean "checkdsk /f"?

thank you for the help,

Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CantExcel123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back