If Chip Pearson's website ever helped you, please jot a note...

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Condolences from North Yorkshire in the United Kingdom.
Chip's website was an amazing resource to users of Excel all over the world, I know that it helped me out on more occasions that I could bring to mind. It's fantastic that his site has been preserved and will be a source of help and spreadsheet inspiration for countless others in the years to come, much as it was in the years passed.

If it wasn't for people like Chip (and many others on this forum) I would never had been able to learn the skills I have today and wouldn't be where I am. His website is, in my opinion, the greatest source of Excel info. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. It's a testament to his impact and to the man himself that so many are affected by this, from all corners of the world. On behalf of Ireland Chip Codladh sámh.

My sincerest condolences to Chip's family.

Chip's passing has affected me in a way that I would not have expected. Like many, I had limited contact with him personally, but took advantage of all he graciously contributed to the Excel community.

I had asked him on more than one occasion if I could use one of his solutions in something that I was working on that would be used in a commercial environment (not for resale, but to make my commercial environment better); each time he put no restriction on the use of his work - not even to request attribution, which I always included regardless.

I would like to think that his friends and family knew of his generosity and impact, but it may not be the case. I hope they take consolation in knowing how far reaching his expertise extends from the posts here and elsewhere: he affected people worldwide and always with pure generosity.

David M.
Fort Worth

Chip was an amazing human and helped many of us, myself included.

There are more of his fans on reddit who were very sad to hear of his passing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was delighted by the efforts by Bill Jelen to both do the needed research and engage in delicate and sensitive communication with Chip's family, to the benefit of all of us Excellers.

I have mentioned elsewhere - and would ask Bill to please bring this up with Microsoft as well - it would be wonderful if a scholarship fund would be set up by that Company, in Chip's memory. He has probably been one of the most influential de-mystifiers of the Excel-VBA development platform through his continuous and incremental contributions, through the many years I have been programming in Excel. Not only was a huge portion of his work pioneering and original (at least insofar as I could tell),he made his information free for ALL uses, including both personal AND commercial. This Chip did not for "expert" points or status, but out of generosity of spirit and demonstrated caring for his fellow EXcellers' development as professionals.

I never met Chip, and now never can. I will probably also never meet many of you other EXcel MVPs, and I want to let you ALL know right now, if I have not already, that you make a tremendous difference to those of us who will probably never be MVPs but who will likely at least be worthy of our professional careers by incorporating your excellent programming and performance suggestions.

Bill Benson

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip was one of the most gifted Excel teacher on the planet!
His very detailed website saved me tons of headackes multiple times. His understanding of the topic and ways to pass on that knowledge will be missed incredibly :(
Condoleances to his family.

Raymond.

My condolences to Chip his family and loved ones.
His knowledge and willingness to help has surpassed boundaries and I'm grateful all the way in the Caribbean. So yes, he did help people worldwide... he will be missed.

Chip's willingness to contribute his knowledge and expertise via his website was blessing to many.

Thoughts and prayers to Chip's parents at this time.

Such a great loss.
Chip provided so many Excel solutions for many frustrated people.
May his memory be blessed.
Please keep his Excel site online in a manner of remembrance.
Condolences to the Family.
R.I.P. Chip.
---------------
Michael Avidan
Excel MVP
ISRAEL

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back