If Chip Pearson's website ever helped you, please jot a note...

I wasn't a member until I read the sad news of Chip's death. That said, I have used this forum and Chip's website a heck of a lot.

So, my thanks go out to all members who pose their questions, to those who respond, and, most importantly, to Chip for his unselfish tutoring.

I had the pleasure of seeing Chip present at a VBA seminar in Hollywood - he was extremely passionate and inspirational.

My sincere condolences to Chip's family and friends.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
I was saddened by the news of Chip's passing. My condolences to his family. RIP you will be missed by a "stranger".

April

He was one of the legends of the Excel world. I am so sad .....

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

I had heard about Chip's passing from Bill's Facebook page, but I somehow missed this thread until now.

First off, thank you, Greg and Bill, for continuing Chip's legacy!

As a small aside, I wanted to reference one of his pages shortly after the tragic news, and must have tried to log on in the window when the site was down and you were talking with his parents. In a moment of panic, I even found myself rummaging through the archived version of his pages on https://web.archive.org/ to scavenge what I could!

I can't even begin to quantify the hours Chip has saved me. There were countless times I went from "I wonder if there's a way to..." to "oh, yeah... of course Chip figured it out and has shared a method that we can all just copy/paste".

Such a great colleague to all of us! Oh, to be a fly on the wall for his discussions with Nate Oliver in the afterlife...

As a small aside, I wanted to reference one of his pages shortly after the tragic news, and must have tried to log on in the window when the site was down and you were talking with his parents. In a moment of panic, I even found myself rummaging through the archived version of his pages on https://web.archive.org/ to scavenge what I could!

Interesting. That was my first move when the site when down. I was actually quite surprised that the wayback machine had archived as many pages as it had. I was so glad when I was able to establish communications with the Pearsons and help Mrs. Pearson get the site back up.

Such a great colleague to all of us! Oh, to be a fly on the wall for his discussions with Nate Oliver in the afterlife...

Funny, I thought the same thing — "hmm, I wonder if Chip and Nate will recognize each other in heaven".

Last edited:
I learned and used many (many!) VBA facts from Chip Pearson’s site over the years. I would not have been able to accomplish many activities and tasks in Excel over the years without using the Chip Pearson site as a reference. His expertise and great explanations contributed to my job and industry by allowing me to better use Excel.

This note of thanks for Chip Pearson may be my first post. That fact should demonstrate that I truly, publicly appreciate his knowledge and contribution. I rarely (if ever) post a question or comment to a message board. I gave a citation to Chip Pearson in my Excel VBA procedure code after I read about citations on his site. I wasn’t citing sources in my early years from perusing help books.

I didn’t see this thread until June 6, 2018; I would have posted a comment sooner. I felt sad to read of Chip Pearson’s passing. I am thankful to see this thread of appreciation to Chip Pearson was created. – Maureen T. (maiden)

Words are inadequate to describe the enormous amount of professional assistance Chip Pearson's website has provided to me. His generosity of time and spirit, and enthusiasm for Excel, resulted in a treasure trove of valuable information to an incalculable number of people trying to do their job better. His site earned permanent bookmark status in my browser long before anyone else's. I hope his relatives celebrate that enthusiasm and generosity for many years to come.

Great resource. Couldn't begin to count how often I've used the website, or will continue to use it. Thanks for keeping it up. Deep condolences.

Chip was generous with his time and spirit. We exchanged a few emails over the years and his site was on my short list of go-to resources. His work ethic and generosity are goals we should all strive for. He is missed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back