If Chip Pearson's website ever helped you, please jot a note...

I somehow felt as though I'd known Chip for years! I returned again and again, to rediscover my old friend as work requirements of various jobs required that I brush up my skills again. I am so sorry for your loss. Your son really did leave a gift that has guided multiple generations.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
I too have spent many hours on Chip's website. I can't even fathom the amount of hours it has saved me.

Thank you to those who have had it restored, and condolences to his family and friends.

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Pearson,

I just like thousands of others have benefitted from Chip's site and his kindness. I created a backup program at work (for an old program) using Chip's help via emails when I could not find an answer for my unique problem.

Through his help, I learned so much over the years, and eventually earned a promotion and a raise.

Thank you both for all you have done for allowing his site to continue to help people.

God Bless you all, and RIP Chip

~DR

I never new Chip, but he and his work were a good influence on my life. I'm sorry for my late condolences -- I've managed to recently visit his site before ever even reading this sad news.

Thank you to Chip for always paying his genius forward.

Thank you to Chip's family for keeping his genius alive and inspiring such a good soul.

Thank you to his friends for recognizing his light and a keeping it shining.

Thank You.

I only now learned of Chip's passing. I would like his parents to know that not only did the resources he provided us all with help me numerous times, and will continue to help me, but he also took the time to personally help me in my confusion. He is a good person; i don't think i could say more to anyone's credit.

Oh boy, why did I not read about this earlier. I have a few, very well used websites for my VBA and Excel issues, and Chip's site is definitely in the top 3. I am very glad you managed to get the site back on line; there is a wealth of information in it.

Sijpie

Mr & Mrs Pearson I am truly saddened by your loss of Chip, and other losses you had already experienced.
I was shocked and saddened when news of Chip's passing reached me.

Chip was a true giant amongst men with an intellect that was astonishing.
As an MVP myself I had the great honour to meet Chip on many occasions in Seattle and sit and talk with him. He was a very modest man who never bragged about his abilities and in fact I recall one day when I commented on his intellect, he said he was nothing compared with his sister, who had already passed.

He was always wiling to help anybody, and the fact that he created such a wonderful web site, full of detailed and extremely helpful knowledge about all aspects of Excel is testament to his generosity.

Thank you Mr and Mrs Pearson for permitting Chip's work to be restored and made available to the millions of Excel users worldwide.
Thank you also to Greg and Bill for all of your efforts in ensuring that this wonderful resource continues to be available.

I had heard of Chip's passing, but only found out about this thread today. I agree with all before me in that Chip's site has been incredibly useful to me over the years. As with many others, i had the good fortune of meeting Chip and several MVP summits and count myself truly blessed to have been able to meet him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uzair Tahir Khan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back