It was twenty years ago today...

Hi Bill,

It's been great to be part of something that makes a real difference to so many people. Thanks for creating MrExcel and congratulations and best wishes to you and whole MrExcel community.

Regards,

Robert

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hi Bill and everyone else that makes this such a useful resource.

Not managed the whole 20 years, I've been here 12 years and 15 days. Still not hit 1,000 posts yet but not far off.

I wrote my first Excel 4.0 macro in, I'm guessing, 1993? All it did was go down a sheet and colour every other line light grey to emulate the pajama paper that printers used back then.

Round about 2006 I realised I wasn't scratching the surface on VBA and read John Walkenbach's excellent VBA 2003 book. That gave me some questions I couldn't find the answer to. Back then I don't think Google existed so I must have found this site through the old Yahoo! search engine. I've learnt so much from this site it's untrue. Whenever I've got a question it's my 'goto' site. I've learnt so much I don't need to visit as much as I once did, it's more if I'm at a quiet point at work and to help others the way people like RoryA helped me.

I just realised the way it's impacted my life; I wouldn't be doing the job I am today if I hadn't learn so much. I think that must apply to a lot of people.

I remember the internet from the early days, before Windows or web browsers existed. Back then it was still very much this amazing new resource where people just shared stuff for free, because they could and it was a great thing for everyone to do. Sadly there's not much of that ethos around any more. But this website remains true to that. Just a bunch of people helping each other out because they can and it's a good thing to do, we all learn from it. No malice, hate, bad stuff, just what the ancient Greeks referred to as 'philoxenia', generosity of spirit to strangers.

No doubt there's a lot that gets filtered out by the Mods but I've never seen anything written in bad spirit.

So, it's a big fat thanks from me!

Hi Bill, well 20 years and counting, so much has happened and so many great people world wide have come and gone and luck and float around the place

Had great fun on this web site for sure and few ups and few downs,

I joined in Feb 17th, 2002
Total Posts
Total Posts 3,186
Posts Per Day 0.52

Not bad i guess, thank you for setting this site sure I did loads on other forums well we all do that to be honest, what would be true is without MrExcel Jack would be clueless about pretty much everything IT and most of all Excel

Well done Bill keep up the astonishing work, and remember just how many millions you/ your site MrExcel has helped every day

Congratulations and thank you

Jack in the UK ( jiuk)

Bill,

Thank you for the best Excel Site available.

And, thank you very much for your latest e-mail ++++

WOW, 20 years of helping Excellers of all levels, including boneheads like me. Thank you very much for so kindly sharing your knowledge, and for creating an environment where so many others can share and learn as well!!!

Kevin

Bill,

Amazing and brilliant. We got computers at work in 1991, but only for CAD. Can't remember exactly when we started using other software, but I think it may have been 1994. it then took me 9 years to discover this site. SO glad I did. I don't think I have ever learnt so much about anything anywhere else.

There are too many people to thank, but anyone who has answered a question here is worthy of thanks. So THANK YOU to you all. Keep this amazing and wonderful site going.

I don't visit this site much anymore, and I doubt I will be visiting in another 20 years time, but I hope this site is still going.

PS Bill, a very big thank you to yourself not only for hosting this site, but especially the free book offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back