invitation to become a member of DRAFT

Hi Erik,

This is the best thread I've seen in 2006, still laughing :ROFLMAO: (not at the faces, you understand).

I wish you luck with your campaign, although I won't be joining you - I haven't even worked out what an avatar is yet :cool:

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
we have not the same sense of humor, but that's the way it is: luckily for the world we are all different :)

when watching this world I see most of the people don't like (or dare?) to show themselves just the way they are and they show up plenty of excuses to explain this behaviour, or just make a joke
it's not only plenty of nick-names but also nick-behaviour (admit mine can be too)

perhaps some don't show their real face or (email)address because they are afraid of spam, phone calls, etcetera ?
(currently my websiteserver has crashed, but normally there is my homeaddress, phone, ....)

my mood is a bit dissapointed when seeing all those lies which are send into the world
some "facts" which are presented as "science" are in fact big lies to let the business-world generate money
some people call you friend as long as they can take profit from the relation

my dream is to get an "open" world, without "xlVeryHidden Sheets", without passwords
I prefer a thief would take some of "my goods" rather than having to protect my home constantly with alarmsystems and keys

so my goal remains to encourage people to show them the way they are,
because that's what makes the world so beautiful

I'd put my face on the Board, but I don't want to scare Westphalia away! :LOL:

DO I QUALIFY ANYWAY?
like most of the others you seem to laugh with this, while I meant it as "serious"
you can read how you can qualify
don't you dare to show who you really are ?

Erik,

Saw your Avatar some time ago and then saw others using what appeared to be their real face, so I changed mine to the real thing as well. Like you I think it is good to put a face with the post, but I also like some of the non-natural avatars as well. I also like the use of the signature tags people use.

An alter-ego could be a good thing too.

P.S. I have always used my real name as well. Given a personal choice I take: Quality over quantity, Real-Natural over artificial-fake, Higher Purpose over criminal intent... With the exception of preferring a little added: fantasy, imagination and adventure.

A good day is when we: learn something, help someone and feel good, and if we get rewarded with a "thank you" or a "pay check" its even better.

DO I QUALIFY ANYWAY?
like most of the others you seem to laugh with this, while I meant it as "serious"
you can read how you can qualify
don't you dare to show who you really are ?
Hi, onlyadrafter,

rereading this after some hours ...
sorry if my message could have sound a bit rude, it was in fact not meant personal, you're not the only one who seems to have another choise about the avatars
what I've problems with is people who don't show their face, but just use a joke to "explain" it
so if somebody has a good reason why not displaying his avatar, I'm open to hear it

Joe,
we seem to agree on a lot of things :)

warm regards to all,
Erik

This sounded like a fun idea from the start but:
what I've problems with is people who don't show their face, but just use a joke to "explain" it
so if somebody has a good reason why not displaying his avatar, I'm open to hear it
Respect other peoples need for privacy. No one needs to defend or explain that. If you have a problem with it, fix it. :wink:

Eric, I have to agree with fairwinds. I think it's great idea to build community and friendship and the overall feel of the board. In fact it was such a good idea I switched avatars. But there are people who, for a host of very good and legitimate reasons, prefer to use an avatar. And there is nothing wrong with that. I think the idea in the original thread was to just issue an open invitation.
Board regulars are almost like coworkers. We see each other everyday, so why not? But I can certainly see why some people would not want to, and I respect that. But the idea was to create a more welcoming environment, not to alienate people over their choice of picture. Because after all it IS just a picture :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back