October Challenge Discussion - Best Diversion

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
The October challenge is to create the best diversion or game in Excel. Something interesting enough to cause other people to waste their time. Post links to possible answers here, or e-mail to Challenge@MrExcel.com

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Hi,

Could some kindly soul explain for a non-englisher what diversion exactly means in this context :)

TIA,
Dennis

It just means something entertaining to divert or distract oneself from everyday life. Or, as Bill put it- 'Something interesting enough to cause other people to waste their time.'

I did do a version of the old Dopewars game (minus the spyware and advertising) a few months ago in VB, I might convert it to VBA and send it in for a laugh.

Brilliant idea!

I can't wait to see some of the responses!

-Corticus

_________________<font face="Papyrus" color="#765F03"> 

May Each Day Be a Blessing,</p></font><font face="Papyrus">Corticus</font>
Hammer1.gif

This message was edited by Corticus on 2002-10-07 10:16

Hmmm, and how will these be distributed?

e.g. suppose I create a game that relies on VBA, how are other people supposed to get their hands on that workbook?

(Great idea for a challenge though)

Hmmmm...

Good point, Mark.

Maybe we need some type of general area to upload files....

Now where have I heard this idea, before?

-Corticus

edit:
just actually read the OP and I am a moron :)
This message was edited by Corticus on 2002-10-08 14:51

Hi

Dedicated to my great pal John the captain fire fighter in Baltimore you amased me for years about Viatnam, fond memorys in London very drunk together when i was a lad. Take care mate! Your see my father next year as you do every year!

XL Dennis diversion = little time waster like what i have sent you, OK friend?

''' I have fought: much to my downfall to have non US MVPs now we have wonderful guys all over the world.

I have fought hard to have non US Moderators, now we have.

I have BANGGED (repeatedly posted and go on about] down load areas, in this case you say upload / download///

Lets hope !!!

Im often asked why i dont cover the dowload part myself for this site, all i can answer is i would but thats treading on Bill Jelen toes, and disrespectful, sure my own site is fine, but no for want i would want ie download area of goodies. I also add i play nothing as a part in this site so i feel i am not a part of this site bar a guy who trys to help - i can but hope! Maybe im not wanted, maybe ??? I dont no - lets hope ah!

Sadly Jack plays next to no part in any of this, but my friends know i have done all i have quoted above. And i never ask but sure thse issues have been chatted about via the inner circle, i do not ask and dont really care, a i can do nothing about it. I know i have many guys both on my side and a few aginst who holds the balance of power is them against, so i cant help im not allowed to.

You know im not ant US or any nation as you read my posts i have millions of US friends i only dedicate to special guys and those how are sadly dead now, of casue these guys would help me in any UK US project, i have pals all covered the US, not just on this site and these guys i know real time!

Trouble is security, unless on www.mrexcel or some know ulr its not secure as xls file download might not be that you see, or exe to extract carry ???? unless you open or run it!!!!

Just my input - however i would love guys to post up there wares, as we have wonderful guys who could design awesome goodies.

Take care guys - love the idea thou:

On 2002-10-07 10:39, Mark O'Brien wrote:
Hmmm, and how will these be distributed?

e.g. suppose I create a game that relies on VBA, how are other people supposed to get their hands on that workbook?

(Great idea for a challenge though)

Mark, you're slow :biggrin: ... look what Bill said here:

Send a copy of your game to challenge@MrExcel.com and I will post it in a download section of the site so that others may try it out. The sub-challenge is to whoever amasses the highest score in the game which is chosen as the best diversion

http://www.mrexcel.com/challenge.shtml

Juan Pablo G.
MrExcel.com Consulting
This message was edited by Juan Pablo G. on 2002-10-07 18:26

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9Kimo3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back