Will you/have you upgraded to Excel 2007?

Do you intend to upgrade to Excel 2007?

• Definitely will within the next few months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May do within a year

• Unlikely to do so for the forseeable future

• No definitely not

• Total voters

Richard Schollar

MrExcel MVP
A quick poll for members' opinions on whether they will be upgrading to Excel 2007 (or if they already have), or if they have no immediate plans...

Please feel free to post any comments you may have.

From my personal standpoint, I doubt I will upgrade any time soon, for the simple expedient of cost and the fact that my company is highly unlikely to utilise any components of Office 2007 for the next several years at least. C'est la vie...

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
*sighs* Oh, how I wish it were sooner. But our corp IS boys wanna test against crap like SAP, Oracle (yes, they use both) and other "mission-critical" apps. They claim we might be able to make the switch in six-twelve months.

But our finance manager has to keep running Excel 2000 because some nitwit at corp HQ created a macro to do some "critical process" between Excel & SAP and the macro no workie w/ Excel 2003. I told him to get the source code and I'd fix the problem in less than two days if he'd buy me dinner. He's never taken me up on it.

So, I figure I'll be lucky if I see Excel 2007 before 2009. :rolleyes:

Hi, Richard,

some thoughts

I'll buy a new car if it is really necessary.
my wingpiano is almost 100 years old, but it works and has a beautiful sound

Why would I develop applications in 2007 if they can not be used by a lot of people ?
it's business as usual: new food makes people eat

I'm not proclaming the prehistory as a goal, but are we really more happy with all those bells and wistles ?

greetings,
Erik

EDIT:
Hi, Greg :biggrin:
(throw me a PM if you find my avatar too serious)

Highly unlikely in the next few years, although we are in the process of negotiating an enterprise license agreement with Micro$oft, and that may impact.

Richard

I just installed it alongside Office XP. I won't make it my only version of Office for a log time but I have a client who is currently switching over, so I need to stay up to date.

Haven't had much time to play yet but that will come... first, I guess, I need to upgrade some of my files and see how they behave.

Denis

They're still ironing out the problems from our last major upgrade at work which included moving up to office 2003. The chances are we won't be getting 2007 for a good few years.

That being the case, even though I'd like to, I can't much see the point of upgrading my home system as anything I develop using 2007 features I won't be able to use to impress the big cheeses.

That's unless Mr Gates fancies chucking me a free copy to play with in the meantime :unsure:

Dom

Yes I already have.

I love it. Sure it has bugs but it's the future and it aint going
to go away. We had already committed to SQL 2005 BI toolkit
for our main server set up so MOSS 2007 & Office 2007 was a no-brainer.

My view is...

Yes it's different
Yes this presents problems
No, it ain't going to go away
So jump in and enjoy the plus points

With SQL 2005 SP2 now released the SQL/Sharepoint/Office 07 integration is superb. It has got some bugs but they are being fixed PDQ...

Just my rare 2p :LOL:

Dearest Will,

You forgot the bunch of ":p" emoticons after "Yes, I already have" to tweak the noses of those of us that must sit on the bench and wait.

Best regards,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back