Good Excel Practical Jokes, Pranks, Mean Tricks, etc.

a couple things i use to do:

1) Construct tailor made horoscope macros and send them to friends (ie, friend enters name, birthdate, random vegetable and current time, horoscope generator returns a completely accurate description of their personality, sexuality and physical attributes... some of my friends would reply back saying "OMG !! It told me the name of my father !!!"

2) Make macros that act after every selection change with a message like "You entered '2.40' into cell A3 - Continue or delete ?"

3) Create an on open macro that displays a msgbox saying "SYSTEM ERROR - Boolean Integrity comprised, YES MEANS NO - Delete All Files ??".. no matter what they press, the macro displays "Deleting All files on C drive".... I'd always get called over... "**** mate, wot do i do ??" "Press YES you idiot !" "Oh NO !! ITS DELETING EVERYTHING" hahahaha

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Just seen this thread. Seems very immature. I would never suggest inserting a macro that ran when a certain cell was selected that then copied the active sheet as a separate workbook, proceeded to distort the page and remove the data until it was unrecognisable wait for a while to let the disaster sink in before finally closing without saving leaving the original intact. It seems a very mean thing to do so I have decided not to post this.

I just thought of a good one. While someone with a very visible computer is out at lunch, make their home page http://nice.humor.is/flash/NAKED.swf and then put Internet Explorer in their start up directory. When they turn on their computer the next day they get a surprise. :ROFLMAO: [/url]

Hello,

TO be really mean

put

Code:
activeworkbook.close

in the Workbook.open event

onlyadrafter said:
Hello,

TO be really mean

put

Code:
activeworkbook.close

in the Workbook.open event

Now that's not quite mean, just annoying. Mean would be something like this...

<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> Workbook_Open()
    Me.ChangeFileAccess xlReadOnly
    Kill Me.FullName
    Me.<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Close</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN>
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN>
</FONT>

Customise a colleague's standard icons by deleting them all and recreating them, but doing different functions. E.g., so the Save icon prints, the Print icon makes text bold and so on.

Hiding columns/rows and password protecting worksheets can give hours of amusement on inexperienced Excel users as they 1st have to work out that certain improtant things are hidden and they then get stopped by the password protection. :devilish:

A more elaborate Word prank is to use the "AutoCorrect" feature to turn everyday words into wacky variations. In Word 2002, go to Tools > AutoCorrect Options. Make sure "Replace text as you type" is checked. In the box below, you can add new words. You want to use common words, but not too common. Here are some suggestions:

dear:rear
sincerely:sinqueerly
test:testicle
hello:yo yo yo (or "what up")
person's name:Batman (or Wonder Woman)

This prank also works with Microsoft Excel.

i know it's simple, but for the new user's who like to leave their work unattended, slip this into their workbook...

Sub workbook_open(): Cells.Select: Range("a1").Activate
Selection.RowHeight = 0: End Sub

hours of fun and enjoyment...for you. :devilish:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon Leenders

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back