Good Excel Practical Jokes, Pranks, Mean Tricks, etc.

Here's a good one.

Take a bmp image of someone's desktop and make it their background then set the desktop to NOT Display Icon's. That will drive them nuts, not that I've ever done this.

PS-Don't forget to resize the windows toolbar to nothing.
:LOL:

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Once my Younger bro in sixth grade tried that on me and me who has done his Masters for around two hours couldnt figure wat had happened and had to reinstall windows as i could never have thought that he Could do such a thing.

when he asked me the other day "why did u re-installed the windows bro"
I replied "some kind of virii infected my PC and everything was seem like stuck and even mouse was not workinng well(as due to the the background pic was actually my PC)"

He really couldnt stop laughing and had to Rush to bathroom u must know for wat

Cbrine said:
Here's a good one.

Take a bmp image of someone's desktop and make it their background then set the desktop to NOT Display Icon's. That will drive them nuts, not that I've ever done this.

PS-Don't forget to resize the windows toolbar to nothing.
:LOL:

Hi,
How do you set the desktop to not display Icon's?
(I am using windows 200 professional)

Thanks,

flashsam said:
Hi,
How do you set the desktop to not display Icon's?
(I am using windows 200 professional)

Right-click on the desktop and choose Active Desktop\Show Web Content

Then right-click on the desktop and choose Active Desktop and click on "Show desktop icons" to turn them off or on.

One more poor soul may suffer what i had to.

ahhhh!!!! Prctical Jokes and Neanest Tricks

Dig this...when someone leaves their workstation, make a macro whose function is to display a messagebox stating something like:

"Hi, [hapless ******'s name], this is your computer. I've taken your data hostage, and I'm not giving it back until the following demands are met: 1) No more abusive language or physical threats, 2) A thorough cleaning of my mouse and keyboard once a month, 3) Some stock options, since I'm the one doing most of the work around here, 4) (go ahead and let your imagination roll...)

The fun part is when you assign Control+V to run the macro, so the hapless ****** trying to use the standard keyboard shortcut to paste data is what triggers the message.

Outlaw

how about changing the windows sounds (for error messages) to " Hey everyone, this dummy just screwed up again"

And the Windows close sound file "Boss, this ratfink is leaving before the work has been done"

If you wanna make some pranks outside Excel you can use MacroMaker, a freeware that imitates keyboard entries, mouse movement and clicks. You can use it to open and run applications, automatically fill in forms (logins and PW for instance), etc...

Once I was given this very important database job, that would take me 3 to 5 days, and consisted of clicking on about a dozen Yes or No switches for every single entry in the database. So my boss put me in a separate room, so that nobody could bother me, and said I couldn't come out before all data was revised. I downloaded MacroMaker, recorded and adjusted the macro, tested for about 2 hours more and then gave it a go. The macro ran during the night and when I came back in the following day all was done. Of course I didn't tell that to anybody and they were all surprised I had it all finished on day 3...

Anyway, here is the program:
http://members.ij.net/anthonymathews/MacroMaker.htm

I have recently been experimenting with the Ascii code for the keyboard.

You could put the code in to akeypress fucntion and then put a template in the start up file.

This would prevent to prevent certain letters from being used. This would annoy the hell out of the users you wish to get. You could cost your company a fortune in new keyboards.

A friend of mine got a virus on his computer quite a few years ago that shuffled the keyboard's arrangement of letters. His letters were all jumbled up everywhere. I'm not smart enough to do it, but what I think would be very funny is a section of code that did this upon opening the excel workbook, but reset them when excel closed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back