IPad3

Firefly2012

Got my new iPad3 today which is the first Apple product I've bought in years. Must say I like the display!

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
As much as I'm enjoying it, it does make me realise how good Android has become in comparison to iOS5 - because, hardware apart, there ain't much difference between them.

...hardware apart, there ain't much difference between them.

HA! Show me an Android with a retina display; a camera like the iPhone's; or a sleek, artistic design like Apple products are known for and I'll consider getting one ;)

Hardware apart, being a key phrase. Mind you most phones have better cameras than an iPhone (or iPad, since that's the topic).

Whaaat? I haven't seen better than the iPhone 4S - look at Instagram.

I'd suggest that the camera on the Samsung Galaxy II is right up there. Since I don't have the iPhone I can't directly compare but the Samsung images are as good as any I've seen on other phones.

Denis

One of my colleagues has an S2 and a 4S and he much prefers the S2. The 4s is simply too small for me.

The kids love the iPad - although I think they're getting fed up with me telling them they can't have such and such app cos it ain't free or can't make in app purchases. Don't get me wrong, I love the iPad (using it now), I'd just love to have Excel on it!!

Thanks Ben, but that wouldn't feed my Excel addiction (and how would I run my regular expression add-in with it? ;))

The lack of Flash is annoying - there's an online magazine I like that iPad would be perfect for, but it requires Flash :(

I know, every .xlsx doc I open in it seems to have "unsupported cells". It really only supports the very basics.

I used it when I created a calculator in Excel to help determine the length of a roll of paper (find it here) and I needed to use it "in the field" (i.e. in the warehouse), without having to run back to my desk every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iparraguirre89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back