What I would like to see in Excel 2016

I'm sure you are aware you can edit the image for the macro button by selecting modify once you have moved the macro to the QAT selection page, as for creating your own, I think you have to download specific software.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
I'm sure you are aware you can edit the image for the macro button by selecting modify once you have moved the macro to the QAT selection page,
Yes I am, but I don't like the available choices. :mad:

as for creating your own, I think you have to download specific software.
Exactly, that's the problem. :mad:
In 2003 you could easily modify any of the standard images or create a new one on a 16x16 grid that was readily accessible by right clicking the toolbar area & choosing Customize..

I have to agree that the choices do seem to have been created by one of the developers children.

.. you can edit the image for the macro button by selecting modify once you have moved the macro to the QAT selection page,..
Whilst that is true, the problem is actually worse if you are not putting macros on the QAT, but (many of the) built-in features. For example, putting "Hide Rows", "Unhide Rows", "Hide Columns", "Unhide Columns", "Hide Sheet", & "Unhide Sheets" on the QAT gives you 6 identical green circles which you cannot "Modify" at all. :oops:

I'd just like the new licensing agreements killed so I am happy to upgrade so currently 2010 looks good to me.

Which new licensing agreements? (There has already been one U-turn)

Sorry Rory I didn't realize they had done a u-turn? Is it on the 1 license per pc/laptop?

Thanks for the info Rory, much appreciated.

When working on multitple worksheet and switching back to main one - you will not get the worskeet name together with cell address when you click the cell..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back