RoryA

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Some of you may already be aware, but in case you aren't, Dave Hawley passed away on Wednesday evening after a long battle with a neurological disease.

Dave was the owner of the Ozgrid website and has made a massive contribution to the Excel community at large. I think anyone who has ever searched for the answer to an Excel question will be aware of Dave and Ozgrid - I personally certainly learned a great many things from both over the years, often from Dave directly (even if he wasn't aware of it) and the Excel world is a smaller place for his passing.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and children, family and friends.

Rest in Peace.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Thanks for letting us know Rory.

Another sad loss in the Excel community. :( I used to post at Ozgrid many years ago - it was quite the prolific forum at the time. I also learned some bits from Dave and also from the countless tutorials he had going on.

My thoughts also go out to his family and friends.

Sad to hear the news. Ozgrid was an early haunt for me where I first learned many of the basics of Excel vba. Rest in peace.
ξ

When I launched the MrExcel Message Board way back in 1999, Dave was one of the first people to show up. I remember Dave, Ivan Moala, and Cecilia being the earliest regulars. I loved Dave & Raina's Excel Hacks book from O'Reilly. Very sorry to hear of his passing.

Bill

I loved Dave's Excel Hacks book too - still has pride of place on my Excel bookshelf!

I'm sorry that he's gone - he was certainly an Excel character.

RIP Dave.

Terrible news. He was a great contributor to the Excel community and I have frequently posted links to his Excel tutorials to answer questions on this forum.

RIP and sincere condolences to family and friends.

Dave was the l'enfant terrible of Excel. We went round and round a few times, and he gave Richard the wonderful avatar picture. The Excel world just got a little smaller.

When I launched the MrExcel Message Board way back in 1999, Dave was one of the first people to show up. I remember Dave, Ivan Moala, and Cecilia being the earliest regulars. I loved Dave & Raina's Excel Hacks book from O'Reilly. Very sorry to hear of his passing.

Bill

Yes those days... Also very sorry to hear of his passing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back