Anyone a member of VBForums too?

rjwebgraphix

Is there anyone here that is also a member of VBForums that might want to help me out with an issue? Not sure where else to put this request, so the general Lounge seems like the most appropriate place.

I've been trying to join VBForums for a while now, but their confirmation email link just gives me 404 not found. I've looked for ways to make a moderator aware or other admin, but without being confirmed I can't send private messages nor post messages. I've been all over the site looking for a way to contact someone, but there doesn't seem to be a way to contact anyone unless you're registered and I can't complete the registration without a good link to the confirmation page.

I did find an email in their FAQ for issues with registration, but after emailing, it bounced back as an invalid email address. There's plenty of active users on there, but no apparent way to contact someone to resolve issues like this.

I did create a short video of the issue as well. https://youtu.be/MmFKY7gTSDM

It kind of sucks having to elicit help from one forum to fix the registration of another forum. If it's like that with me I wonder how long it's been like that for others as well.

If anyone knows anyone over there or can maybe shoot a moderator or person in control a message and point them to this I would appreciate it.

I would just post my questions here, but it's more VBScript related than VBA, although I'm sure the guys here are more than capable of handing the code, there just isn't an appropriate forum for something that is purely VBScript and not attached to Excel in any way.

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this,

RJ

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
once you respond to the acceptance email and get the error, have you tried logging in with your given details, i've just tried it and now have an account i don't need

once you respond to the acceptance email and get the error, have you tried logging in with your given details, i've just tried it and now have an account i don't need

Many times. Sure I can login, but can't post, can't comment, can't reply and can't privately message anyone. Sorry, I did not intend for someone who wasn't a member to sign up. I was just hoping there was someone here who was that might be able to pass the information along.

mole999, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

maybe they have an admin shortage

mole999, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

maybe they have an admin shortage

I saw that too. Like most message boards, including here at Mr. Excel, activation is done through the email confirmation that can't occur because they have it pointing to the wrong place. There's just no way that I can see to contact anyone. The only thing I found was in their FAQ section they gave an email address, but it bounces as invalid.

Know of any other VBScript forums? I joined another one last week, but the userbase is so small it's almost counter productive.

Why not just post the question here and see what happens? Or use StackOverflow.

Why not just post the question here and see what happens? Or use StackOverflow.

I can do that. A moderator said it was okay. :)

StackOverflow confuses me. Reminds me of Yahoo Answers. It's not really a message board, but just questions and answers..... or it's not setup in a fashion I recognize as a forum. I can post in the "other questions" forum though.

There seems to be a trick with registration

I got

**** Does The Above URL Not Work? ****
If the above URL does not work, please use your Web browser to go to:
Activate Your Account - VBForums

when there you get a second bite, get it to resend the activation code

when it arrives (in seconds)

the email contains
Your Username is: username
Your Activation ID is: 45eed29b44cee1798d999c0574005788475d

back to the site and paste the activation in the correct box and voila

There seems to be a trick with registration

I got

Sorry you had to sign up for an account you didn't need though. The funny part is that today I got another email from the system, this time with a different canned registration message that said just what you posted above as well as some other information that was completely different than the first. Although the link in that message actually worked. I'm not sure what the differences are, but after I got that message and it worked, they have a "forum feedback" area and I left some feedback with my experiences getting it going and have been talking to a person in control about it to try and iron out the issues so others don't have the same problem I did.

I actually just stopped by to give him a link to this thread.

Thanks for the help mole.

As a side note for an issue here, of which I'm not sure if anything can be done about it, but if I CTRL-END on a message I'm writing my space bar quits working, but if I arrow up a line or two it starts working again. Never had that happen here before, but it is a new computer with Win10. That was with chrome, I didn't try it with IE or Edge. It's not that big of a deal, just threw me off for a bit the other day trying to respond. CTRL-END is habit for me to quickly get to the bottom. Especially when going back through and editing again. :)

Chrome editor has been seen to have issues when posted to this site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back