This table contains cells that are outside the range of cells defined in this spreadsheet error 2950

tntberol

I received the above error when using a Macro to import from Excel. I have been doing this same thing bi-weekly for years. Nothing has changed. I used this same function earlier in the day to import a selection of excel cells and it worked fine. I have "saved as" both the access database and the excel spreadsheet and tried to import the same data that worked earlier in the day, I have also done the compact and repair database and none of that works.

Any Ideas?

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Nothing has changed
If that's really true, the only thing I've ever read on the error is that the spreadsheet file might be corrupt. Try copying the data into a new workbook. If I was a betting person, I'd lean more towards someone has changed something and you're not aware of it or are not considering any change as significant. Some connection types require that the range have data in every header row and column, so any header deletion or column removal could be problematic. That's all I know on the subject.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for your help. I copied the excel data to a new spreadsheet (instead of Save As) and it worked perfectly. The spreadsheet must have been corrupt. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back