Help importing several excel files into same access table, getting error now.

mickael28

Hi,

I've never used access so not sure if I'm making a basic mistake but I've got 2 files that I'd like to import there and I'm getting errors.

Main file is this:
Uploadfiles.io - NASDAQ_20170817.xls

And once that table is loaded, I'd like to load the following one on the same table (Uploadfiles.io - NASDAQ_20170816.xls). The 1st column would be the identifier that might already exist in the 1st table but I'd like the 2nd column to be 'merged' into the row for the same symbol

Do you guys know if this would be possible to achieve with access? and any idea of the steps that I should follow to avoid the errors and end up with a single table with the data combined?

I'll need to append more columns similar to the one on the 2nd link once those two are merged, hence that I'd need to have a procedure that it's somehow repeatable, at least a number of times...

If you could have a look and let me know pls? Many thanks!!

A basic Select query that you design today with 19 fields should do this, but it won't tomorrow when you want to add fields. You would have to open it in design view, probably attach a new table (linked worksheet) and add the columns manually - probably on a daily basis. However, if you can create a simple Select query that returns the records you want, you might find that a Crosstab query based on that query provides the dynamic design you need.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back