Parameter Query Criteria Syntax Issue

debbieR

Hi! This should be simple, but I'm an Access/Query newbie and can't figure out syntax to accomplish the following:
How would I change the criteria syntax to make it return ALL records with value >0 if they just click OK and don't enter a specific value?

PRICE SELL QTY (Parameter Query so it asks them for a value or they click OK to return all values) Current criteria used is:
Like "*" & [Enter QTY or Click OK to Display ALL ] & "*"

This works correctly EXCEPT I need to add "something" to the criteria code that it returns ALL records >0 as well as prompting for a value.
(it doesn't work to just put >0 unless I'm putting it in the wrong place)
Thank you!

Interesting....wonder why Microsoft showed both of them then? I literally copied that part directly from one of their samples on their help site. Oh well, learning something new every day!!!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
I saw the data type problem too. Frankly still confused, since I've never used LIKE with numbers. I'd need to see some examples. But in Posts #6 and #10 and #11 the OP seems to be saying its working so I guess case closed. (Edit: also weird that now the forum now turns #6 into a link to something ... ) (Edit again: and now #6 is not a link to something hahaha).

wonder why Microsoft showed both of them then
Note: Also to answer this would need to see the example given.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it's because it's treating # as an html paragraph tag. I've been going back to edit and removing the hyperlink.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back