SumIf Formula with Multiple Criteria

lindz5970

I'm trying to create a Sumif formula that contains multiple 'ifs'. I was able to do this using the formula I pasted below but my "Type" field has grown to be too many different options and now my expression is too long for Access to handle so I need to consolidate this somehow while still maintaining the same result.

Original formula:
Sum(IIf([retro count]<>0 And [contract]="S" And [Type]="ABC",[retro count],0))+Sum(IIf([retro count]<>0 And [contract]="S" And [Type]="DEF",[retro count],0))+Sum(IIf([retro count]<>0 And [contract]="S" And [Type]="GHI",[retro count],0+Sum(IIf([retro count]<>0 And [contract]="S" And [Type]="JKL",[retro count],0))....

The underlined part is essentially the whole expression. I just kept adding them together, copying the expression and just changing the "Type" (I have about 20 "Types" now)

I tried adding an "Or" and listing the multiple types but it only worked when I had one Or. When I added more than 2 Ors it errored out:
Sum(IIf([retro count]<>0 And [contract]="S" And [Type]="ABC" or [Type]="DEF",[retro count],0))

I'm sure there is a simpler way to accomplish what I'm trying to do but can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Have experienced that before. Can't recall what they look like but I think they had a weird looking slant and/or odd descenders.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back