"Enter Parameter Value" in Form

jlcarriona

ACCESS 2013

I have created a form to pull out information from a Query. In this form I have a text box to fill out with certain field information (e.g. company name). Once I hit Enter or click in my search button the form should be getting updated with the information matching the field that I typed, instead, I get the window asking me to "Enter Parameter Value".

*Note that I had this form running before without any problems. After changing one of the fields names and deleting another one, I started having this problem.

I have already tried:
- Going to Property Sheet, Checking the record source and making sure my query doesn't have the fields that I deleted.
- Checked for misspelled fields in my macro (I used Macro Builder and ApplyFilter for my "Search" Button)
- Checked my table to make sure all fields are updated

I've been trying to solve this for hours; any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Welcome to the Board!

See here: https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...er-value-a7344543-e758-4785-8433-420eb0f0b48e

Be sure to check out things other than the obvious, like calculated fields, Groupings, etc.

I also see that you Cross-Posted this question: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=68123

While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks for the information!

I've tried the steps in "Support Office" but doesn't seem to help. I can get it to stop giving me the message, but if I close and reopen my database, It will give me the "Enter Parameter Message" again by hitting "Enter" (to apply the filter)

Upvote 0
What is the exact Parameter Message?
Did you see this just when you open the Form, or the Form and the underlying Query?

Upvote 0
I was getting the "Enter Parameter Value" message with the empty text field where I would put the information I wanted to filter.
I used to see it when I hit "Enter" for my Macro to apply the filter.

I just fixed it. I disabled the "pop up" feature from my form, saved it, closed my database, and next time I reopened it it was fixed.

...not sure if I know exactly what was going on, but it works now.

Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back