URI link and creation of invoice template

SachinC

Hi,
I have a question regarding a potential solution and whether it may work or not.
I have a basic webpage that collects basic information, i.e. Name, Make, Model.
I can convert the data collected into a URI string - hoping to launch an Access Form where I can generate an invoice based on list items within a table, eg. 1x something at £6 each, 3x something else at £10.99 each etc... with VAT and total.
Will this work?
Please help?
Thanks.

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
if youve collected the URI string, and launch a form from access,
youd need a basic Shopping cart form to hold the info, join it with the tInventory/cost table,
and get the total.

Upvote 0
Hi there,
Can you tell me what URI I can use please and also some information around how I can build out a progressive Form in Access?
Regards,

Upvote 0
Why URI? Why not a delimited text file, delimited by perhaps the pipe character? Or comma if that would work. Your web page likely has the capability, or the web host allows php or other scripting tools to create such files? It's relatively easy to read a delimited text file in Access as though it were a table, although it would be better to query the text into a table first IHMO.

Upvote 0
Why URI? Why not a delimited text file, delimited by perhaps the pipe character? Or comma if that would work. Your web page likely has the capability, or the web host allows php or other scripting tools to create such files? It's relatively easy to read a delimited text file in Access as though it were a table, although it would be better to query the text into a table first IHMO.

Hi there,
Can you give me a helping hand please? If I get my website to wrap the data into a CSV export, are you implying I import the CSV into Access and then use that data to create the invoice in Access? Also, any ideas on how I can use a Form in Access to add line items using +, i.e. 5 of something at £5.99 each, 2 of something at £1.99 each etc and do subtotals, grand totals etc...?
Thank you.

Upvote 0
- find or create a comma separated text file (you can find examples to download if need be). If using a web based example to test with, suggest you open it with NotePad as an Excel version will create columns of data. Store the file. Alternatively, you might want to start with your own csv data from your web.
- open a new test db & link to or import from that file (External Data on the Ribbon; Import or Link as table).
- open this new table and it should look like most other table layouts. See if you will be able to make use of this format.
- if so, consider whether or not you should link or import going forward. Linking is easier to manage but will represent whatever the csv file currently looks like. Depends on whether or not you wish to keep old data.
- to create an invoice suggests the output should be a report. As long as you can create a query to return the needed records from the csv table and base the report on it, you can create an invoice. Reports are very good at creating totals, running sums, etc.
- if you need a form to input data you don't have, such as quantities, then you'll need a form. I might not bother with calculating counts or totals on a form unless verification was needed. A generally accepted rule is that you do not store totals in tables.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxpro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back