bearcub

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I just finished created all the reports I need for our directory and now I would like to put all on them on one continuous report as opposed to separate reports. This report would be sent to a PDF to be sent to the printer for publication.

For some reason, on the detail section of some of the reports are being displayed - some of the report and page headers are missing from this continuous report. is there a property that I need to check off or on to show everything from the existing report.

For example,

In the header section of the first report I have a label called Steering Committee then I list all the people and their positions in the detail section of the report. The people and positions are showing but the label with Steering committee is missing. The next report I list below this one shows everything correct. But, the third report is page headers. Really strange.

Is there something I have to do correct this so they all show properly?

Thank you for you help in advance,

Michael

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
I've been doing some research on my own and this does seem to be a common problem. Here is a answer from 2010:

"If you mean that the sub-reports' page header and page footer don't show, then that is the way it works. Page headers and footers are controlled by the main report.
If you have information you want to appear on each page that the sub-report appears on there is a trick you can use to siimulate a page header, but I don't know of a method to simulate the footer.
In the subreport
Add a top-level grouping level and set a group header
Set its field/expression to =1
In design view of the report select the new group header and set its repeat section property to true
Copy the elements from the report page header into the new group header"

I'm rebuiliding reports that some else has created and I noticed that she has expressions in the groupings (like "set tghe field/expression to =1"). I don't know how to go about creating an expression like this.

Here is the link the article I was referring to. Seems the questioner is essentially doing what I'm doing but I have Access 2016 from Office 365 so to create an expression like is suggested might not be same as in earlier versions:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...der-a-no/09c1c31f-b36e-4172-9d35-9ac004070303

Thank you for your help in advance,

Michael

I am creating nested reports in a main report and some of the headers are not showing like mentioned in this article.

Upvote 0
I did finally found out how to an expression. In the grouping and sorting report section their is an "expression" item in the grouping/sorting section. I was able to create a heading section grouped by "=1
" and I did go the properties and turned the repeat section from no to Yes without any luck.

I'm still missing something but I don't know enough about Access to make it work properly.

Upvote 0
I was able to figure it out. All I had to do after I created the expression groups was move my labels etc into these new groups.

The answer I had posted does work in 2016 - group by a static expression and add the headings etc into these new groupings and they will all show in the subreports.

Michael

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmeEnne1979

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back