bearcub

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a text box where I need to show information that can grow from 1 to 3 rows (increase in height).

I have other items in the report that don't show this field but others that do.

Is there a way to have it grow in height when needed? What property do I need to adjust on the property sheet?

Thank you for your help,

Michael

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Height property? but there is a CanGrow property that you can set to Yes or True.
Not sure what the property name exactly is but it is Can Grow in the design view on the Format tab.

The subject says widen?, and there is also a width property.

HTH

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do have the can grow property set to true (and the shrink property). I am replicating what was done in another database and trying to figure out how to emulate it. The text box height is twice as small in design view then it appears in Report view. I know she didn't have any macros to adjust it so I figure it has something to do with one of the properties.

Upvote 0
I'd just be experimenting with the options available and see what works.

Upvote 0
That's what I've been doing and nothing seems to work though I did stumble on something a couple of days ago but I forgot what I did to make it work. I'm wondering, could the width of the text box influence the height. I remember playing around with a text box and I think after I had increased the width the height expanded.

Michael

Upvote 0
Thank you for the article, that is good to know.

I'll work on it tomorrow and see what I can come up with. I've been able to make it work within the past week or so but I forgot what I did.

Michael

Upvote 0
What that thread doesn't seem to point out is that the Can Grow property is for height only. You cannot affect width with it, and your post indicates you're expecting it to do both.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the heads up. I can make the text boxes width enough but it is the height that I'm having a problem with.

Upvote 0
Just adjust the height property then. Remember it is twips not cm or ins.

That height multiplier does seem a neat way as well.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back