Criteria - Date with time

chris186h

Board Regular
Hello all, im new to access. Ive been hunting for a way to filter by the criteria of
Between date-1 at 07:00 am and date at 07:00am (Giving a 24 hour window)
any help on how to put this in as a criteria would be greatly appreciated

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Between date-1 at 07:00 am and date at 07:00am
This is just an example, which could be for any time - or is it just that you want 7:00? You might want to look at the DateAdd function. I hesitate to elaborate given that uncertainty, plus you're not saying if this is for a query criteria field, form control, report control or what. Nor can I tell if "date" is to be the current date or some date you wish to input.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is just an example, which could be for any time - or is it just that you want 7:00? You might want to look at the DateAdd function. I hesitate to elaborate given that uncertainty, plus you're not saying if this is for a query criteria field, form control, report control or what. Nor can I tell if "date" is to be the current date or some date you wish to input.

Sorry I should have explained myself better. It is for a query criteria field.
It is just the set time of 7:00 which will never change. The date I want to be based on yesterdays date at 7:00am to todays date at 7:00am. I assumed it would be written similar to. date()-1 07:00 to date() 07:00
Thankyou for you reply

Upvote 0
try Between (Date-1 + #07:00#) AND (Date + #07:00#) I'm thinking the DateAdd function is not really required in this case. This should work if your Regional Settings is the same as mine for date/time (mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
try Between (Date-1 + #07:00#) AND (Date + #07:00#) I'm thinking the DateAdd function is not really required in this case. This should work if your Regional Settings is the same as mine for date/time (mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss)

Thats great thank you for your help. I will try it when I get to work and let you know.
Many thanks for replying

Upvote 0
You're welcome. If that doesn't work, post back but make sure you include what you typed, what happened and what was supposed to happen. Good luck!

Upvote 0
The only change it needed to work was () after the date and then it worked perfectly.
Between (Date()-1+#07:00:00#) And (Date()+#07:00:00#)

Thankyou for your help

Upvote 0
hi all, my name is Arsen)) I am a new member here )) thanks for your post , nice to meet you all here, in this web site

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back