I think something is wrong with my IIF statement...

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Board Regular
Query criteria attempting to be used:

IIf(Day(Date())<=7,Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 And Date(),Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 And Date()-Weekday(Date(),2))

I have used both Between statements individually.

This one has been what I have been using by itself to pull from the 1st day of the month through the most recent Sunday.
Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 And Date()-Weekday(Date(),2))

Since there isnt a most recent Sunday for this month, it returns nothing. So I have used this to get the desired result until this next Sunday. (Data pull is done daily).
Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 And Date()

I tried to put them into an IIF statement using the criteria that if today's day is <= 7 then X,Y.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am stumped... I have tried datediff to try to pull the number between the 1st of the month and today. I have also tried datepart to get the day.

All attempts at the IIF statement have returned 0 results for the query. :oops:

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
This doesn't make sense for your "true part":
Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 And Date()

Something has to be between the dates. Same goes for the "false part".

Upvote 0
Xenou,

Thank you for replying. The result of the formula is as follows and works on its own.

(#1/3/2018# - 3 days)+1 day = #1/1/2018# and date.

Between #1/1/2018# and #1/3/2018#

On the False part, as long as there is a previous sunday in the current month, then it works as well. If it was Thursday next week (#1/11/2018#), it would use Between #1/1/2018# and #1/7/2018# as the criteria.

Which is why I wanted to use an IIF statement. When I use either of the Between statements by them selves, they work. Well the 2nd one would work if today's date was 1/8/2018 or later...

Hope all of that makes sense.

Upvote 0
Your expressions aren't going to work as you have written them. They just won't do anything. I don't think they would even pass a syntax check. You also still need to have something to look at when you use between -- something that is between the two dates.

Maybe you can use a mutually exclusive or in your query criteria:

Code:
where 
	(
		(
			Day(Date()) <=7  and SOMETHING Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 And Date()
		)
	OR
		(
			Day(Date()) > 7 and SOMETHING Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 And Date()-Weekday(Date(),2)
		)
	)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This question looks very similar to this one here: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=69801
Did you post that question over there?

If so, please heed our policy on Cross-Posting on mentioning that and providing links, as detailed in rule 13 here: Forum Rules.
This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This question looks very similar to this one here: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=69801
Did you post that question over there?

If so, please heed our policy on Cross-Posting on mentioning that and providing links, as detailed in rule 13 here: Forum Rules.
This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

That isn't me and this is the only post I have made on my issue. No cross posting violations have been made.

Upvote 0
That isn't me and this is the only post I have made on my issue. No cross posting violations have been made.
OK, then I apologize.

Just coincidental to have two threads with similarities going on at the same time...

Upvote 0
Your expressions aren't going to work as you have written them. They just won't do anything. I don't think they would even pass a syntax check. You also still need to have something to look at when you use between -- something that is between the two dates.

Maybe you can use a mutually exclusive or in your query criteria:

Code:
where 
    (
        (
            Day(Date()) <=7  and SOMETHING Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 And Date()
        )
    OR
        (
            Day(Date()) > 7 and SOMETHING Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 And Date()-Weekday(Date(),2)
        )
    )

The Day(Date()) <=7 is the IIF statement expression only and not part of the BETWEEN AND portion of the criteria. I am trying to get it to evaluate today's date. If it is a less than or equal to a 7 (1-7) then apply Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 And Date() as the search criteria. If not, apply Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 And Date()-Weekday(Date(),2)) as the criteria.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something related to the IIF statement functionality?? Does an IIF statement require a range (i.e. 1 and 7) result?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe I need to rewrite it into:

Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 And IIF(Day(Date()) <7 , Date(),Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 And Date()-Weekday(Date(),2))

I will work on it and report back!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back