Button to Save subform records to new tables

ryancho

Hi,

I'm newbie to access and was trying to create a database to keep track shipment movements in my office warehouse. We have thousands of shipments moving between bin/cages and bags. I have create a form with subform to allow operation staff to scan the bins and the shipments when they moving it.

My problem is i couldn't create a button to save the subform records to a new tables with specific table names. Once data is saved, another button need to be created to clear all the data so that the next guy can scan shipments to the same bin. I have set the bin/cages/bags as primary key.

My form screenshots is at https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxtwjs7th1qqv2k/arrivalscanform.JPG?dl=0

Appreciate some one could help out.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
details too sketchy. Saving to new tables? Meaning create a new table for each form save? Hope not. Your table structure and relationships may be the problem, but hard to say with so little information on the design, requirements and what the problem actually is. Saving data is fairly straight forward, but it sounds like you want to keep the form open but make it blank after a save. Not easier to just close it and have the Data Entry property set to yes/true so that it opens blank? Another way is to base the form on a temp table and use the button to append the record to the main tables and wipe the temp, thus it's blank. You have to consider if this is a properly split db (or whatever it would take to prevent user A from wiping what user B is entering a the same time). May not be pertinent - brings me back to where I started - details lacking.

You seem to have fields on the subform that aren't required, or aren't required to be shown - storageno and mawbno - as they are on the main form.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back