Copying information from one for to another

beamer2012

Greetings: Novice here. I created 2 forms, one that collects customer information and the other collects company information. When the user inputs the customer information and hits the submit button, I would like that data to auto populate on the company form. I am not able to set up relationships because it is a web database the relationships are greyed out. I would appreciate any assistance you can provide me with. Thank you.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
You will have to be more clear. Not sure if the lack of answers to your post is because of the web database aspect of it or perhaps you are a repeat cross-post offender or something. I mean, it's odd that no one has offered any comment by now. I bypassed this earlier because I've never built an Access db and published it to the web so I read and moved on. However, for your case, I doubt that's relevant.

For now, I'll just say that if information is being saved, it should be a simple matter of having whatever form that follows to display it because there's a query or table behind the form that retrieves it. Not sure how customer information could be related to company either, but if it is for you, then base the 2nd form's record source property on a query or table that retrieves that data. If the 2nd form is already open, it should be a simple matter of requerying it when the 1st form's record is saved.

Upvote 0
Thank you for getting back to me. I recently found out MS no longer supporting web based databases. I decided to create a desktop version. Some times I don't articulate myself clear enough. I have tables that I have created, from those tables I created a datasheet form and a modal form. When the user opens the datasheet form and clicks new the modal form opens. I would like for the user to be able to enter the customer information and when submit is click the information from the modal form to populate the datasheet form which includes who the customer was assigned to, issues, performance and so on ( that is what I mean by company information, maybe I should have said internal or something). Anyway, right now when submit is click the information from the modal form is not saved, I cannot retrieve or edit and it does not populate the datasheet form. I am not sure if I have to create a macro or a query for this???Thank you in advance for any advice and I hope this clears up the confusion.

Upvote 0
Unclear what information is being passed from the modal form. Can't you just choose something from a combo box on the main form and use that as criteria and load the main form and forget the modal form?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back