Forms: limiting values in one combo box depending on selection in another combo box

gelen4o

Hi All,

I’m new to MS Access (have some VBA experience but no SQL) and have a question related to Forms.

I have two combo box fields (Exchange & Future) in a form, both drawing data from the same Table (Product Details).
Users (in the form) first select values in Exchange and then in Future.

The Product Details Table contains data about different types of futures and the respective exchanges they are traded on. More than one future can be traded on a single market; thus Future accepts multiple values.

My target is to achieve the following:

Once I select a specific market in Exchange I would like combo box Future to list values related to that specific exchange only. I.e. If I select CBOT as my exchange, I would like to see only CBOT related futures in the Future drop-down list.

Any help will be most appreciated!

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
This is known as cascading combos (which I don't really think is a good name for it) and has been covered a zillion times just about everywhere so it's reinventing the wheel to post another tutorial on it here, especially when the exact details aren't known. If you Google it (or whatever you use to search) you will find information you can use to adapt to your situation.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back