auto fill some fields

gtsek

Hi. I have 2 tables , first has people details , 2nd has these people visit (mob number , name surname there is in both tables and mobile is relationship one to many). I need when in 2nd table i put the phone , name and surname auto filled

Thanks

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Welcome to the Board!

Typically, you wouldn't have BOTH mob number and surname in the both tables. You don't want situations where if a value changes (like surname), it needs to be changed in both tables, and you typically do not want key fields that you join on to be fields in which values can change. So I would recommend just keeping surname in the "people details" table, and remove it from the other.

To further to that extent, you typically do not want to store the other information in multiple tables - unless the information may change and you are trying to track it for historical purposes. Typically, you would just join the two fields in a query, and return all the fields that you want to see in the query (so if there is no need to track what the data was at an exact point in time, there is no need to store it in the other table also).

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

Typically, you wouldn't have BOTH mob number and surname in the both tables. You don't want situations where if a value changes (like surname), it needs to be changed in both tables, and you typically do not want key fields that you join on to be fields in which values can change. So I would recommend just keeping surname in the "people details" table, and remove it from the other.

To further to that extent, you typically do not want to store the other information in multiple tables - unless the information may change and you are trying to track it for historical purposes. Typically, you would just join the two fields in a query, and return all the fields that you want to see in the query (so if there is no need to track what the data was at an exact point in time, there is no need to store it in the other table also).

I need these fields (name - surname ) for confirmation... I think that i can use 2 labels and i am looking for code like
Private Sub kinito_AfterUpdate()
Label1.Caption =
label2.caption =
End Sub

Upvote 0
I need these fields (name - surname ) for confirmation... I think that i can use 2 labels and i am looking for code like
Private Sub kinito_AfterUpdate()
Label1.Caption =
label2.caption =
End Sub
I am sorry. I do not understand what you are stating/asking here, or how it applies to what you quoted from me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back