Thread: MS Access table issue after adding row

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: MS Access table issue after adding row

Hi Rondeondo

Sorry for jumping onto this thread but i've got a similar issue and have tried to understand where you are coming from with your solution. I've got a raw data spreadhseet, which i pull data from into another spreadsheet, using Data Query. I then need to be able to add comments next to the cases. I tried to add columns to my data table but when the data refreshed, the comments were moved to different cases. To get around this, i've got another sheet that uses vlookup to pull the data from the data table, which allows me to add comments. However, if the original data changes (case is removed from the filter as it's no longer open for example), whilst the case is no longer in the data table, and no longer showing in my vlookups, the comments remain where they are.

Each case has a unique ID, so how would i go about implementing your suggestion?

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Andyaller,

Check out my post below.
    https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...not-found.html

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Andy
    Id need to see an example to follow your situation. Where you add comments needs to be a static list. ie. a sheet in your workbook that is not produced elsewhere and is thus not going to change with refreshing data. This would consist of a column for case id and a column for comments. This sheet is then your source to look up from your dynamic data sets.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List