bearcub

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a report where we sometimes have names in a text box that crashes into the one next to it. This only happens for one or two offices and we can't change the print width.

I have Can Shrink and Can Grow set to Yes but it doesn't prevent a name of one of our offices from getting meshed in with another one.

I was hoping to find something that would increase the height of the text box (like entering alt enter in a cell in Excel) so that this would office would be spread across two lines as opposed to one long one that smashes into the adjacent text box.

Thank you for you help in advance,

Michael

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Meshed horizontally? I don't follow what the problem is, unless the box is just too wide anyway. If you look at it in design view and it encroaches/overlaps the one to the right of it, then it will crowd or overlay data. If you have Can Grow set to Yes, then what else could you need that will increase the height when it gets filled horizontally?

Upvote 0
I think you hit the issue on the head. It does overlap another text box. If I were to shorten the name text box (the one that's creating the issue) then it will should expand (insert a new line) when it runs out of space, correct?

Upvote 0
Expand vertically, yes, as long as you have Can Grow set to yes. It should insert a line break between complete words if I recall (as long as no one word takes up more than an entire line).
I don't foresee a need to have Can Shrink also set to yes based on what you've written.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back