Form with 3 subforms causing -1104 and "connot open anymore databases"

mlrucci

Good afternoon,
I have been building my db on Access 2010 over the last several months and am pretty new to db building. The intent of this project is to audit and report based on those audits. The audit is quite large. It currently has 18 tables. Some with one to one relationships (they were made as one to one as there are not enough fields for the tables to include into one table) and others with one to many. In addition, there are 46 queries and various forms. The problem I am having is with the larger forms (see below).
Form
Bound Fields
Unbound Fields
Relationship
Master
4 (dlookup)
Parent
Subfrm1
Child1
Subfrm2
Child2
Subfrm2
Child3

<tbody>
</tbody>

I am having a couple of problems with this form. I am receiving error codes reserve error -1104 and “Cannot open anymore databases” with error code 3048. After a couple of entries, on my master form dlookup fields turn to #Error. My database is split be and fe. I have tried to merge back to one db and split again. Both options cause the errors. I have decompiled and CompactRepaired the db multiple times without correction. I have done much research, but with my knowledge base, I don’t seem to find a solution. From what I understand, my db is too large and some comments have been made about “loops.” I make sure all the forms are closed with only the one form open. Any of my VBAs are very simple. Can anyone please help me? I do not want to split this into multiple databases to make it work.

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back