Listing duplicates from multiple Tables

nikana

I'm assembling a list of amateur athlete performances from various competitions.

• Data for each competition is assembled in separate tables, which includes multiple fields for their performance.
  • The athlete ID is two fields; 'First_Name' and 'Last_Name'.
  • The performance data also has consistent field names; eg. 'achievement', 'Body_Weight', 'Club'.

Functionally, I'd like to have a query that will assemble all the athletes names, and list all the competitions they participated in. Then I'd like a separate query assembling each athlete's achievements / performances from the competitions they participated in. The constant for this is the athlete's ID.

My SQL skills are quite limited.
Any direction will be greatly appreciated.

I'm using:
Windows Version: Windows 10
Access Version: Access 2016

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Hi,

Welcome to the MrExcel forum.

Going by the title of your post alone. Doesn't Access have a Create Query Wizard which will find duplicates in different tables...

Upvote 0
Hi Nikana
I'm not sure your post relates to the title of the post. One suggestion though, if you use the first and last name as a unique identifier you will run in to problems if you ever have two people with the same names... Access has an autonumber field option which is designed to make key data like this, so in your list of athletes you have an auto number field as the ID then populate the other tables with this ID number rather than the names. Also helps if someone has a typo in their name, or gets married and changes their name (not sure your population)
It seems like you want a straight forward select query, one from your competitions table and the other from achievements. I may need more information to give you what you need. Are you trying to show information from multiple tables? if so you need to join the tables by the name fields.

Ron

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THMarana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back