acess form that searches data and creates a dashboard

officialalexlee

Hello everyone,

Before you read this post know that I am not very skilled at all at excel and access. I made this account at work today because my boss wants me to create this tool but I don't have the slightest clue how.

I probably am going to sound like an idiot so bare with me here. I apologize in advance.

So...I have an access database with tons of client data. I want to be able to have an interface similar to something like this
Access-Report-Builder-Preview-3.png

where I can have a form and hit a drop down sort it by the salesman. Than after I sort it by the salesman or something, I can sort it by something like category too.

So with these two categories , it will filter for all the data with all the clients by this salesman and in this category and it will plug into some kind of dashboard / report. and it will fill into a a bunch of different graphs and data analysis tools that I have previously set up as a dashboard.

With the ending being something like a pivot table/graph/other tools set up for this dashboard, like this. My boss said that access would be the way to go in doing this.

pivot-chart.jpg

Again I have no idea what Im talking about and if you can at all understand anything im saying, Than any help to lead me in the right direction would be much appreciated

thanks

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
No being rude, but your boss is expecting way way too much.
My bosses tend to do the same, but give me all the time in the world to create something like that, even when there is something like that already on the market?

I'd just get the company to buy what you are showing and use that. it would really save you a lot of time and effort and most likely be cheaper in the long run. I am still finding small bugs in the databases I have created, as new processes are attempted.
As a complete novice I think they are asking way too much of you, not matter how enthusiastic you may be.

Upvote 0
I agree with welshgasman's comments - the tool in your first picture looks to be inexpensive - a lot cheaper to buy that than spend countless hours trying to recreate it.

for something like your second picture you should consider looking into PowerPivot for excel (a free add-in from Microsoft). you can use your access database as a data source for this and can create some fairly powerful charts and reports.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back