Access 2010 - Convert Query into Table, Create New Database

PurrSent

Board Regular
I'm wanting to be able to run a query and then to save the table in it's own entity, ie not to place the new table in a current Db or another Db

I've tried using 'Make Table' but it seems the only options are to put it into another, or current, database. I want this to be a separate file, if that's possible.

Alternatively, how would I get the results of a query in an isolated file, in order to email just that data to another destination, ie person?

Can someone advise me, please?

Many thanks

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
you save it as a table in the current database

then you export the table as an excel spreadsheet or as a CSV (comma delimited) text file

then you email them the exported file

Upvote 0
Thanks James

Unfortunately, I don't want to have to do all that, and only to get csv, although I realise I could then probably put into an Access/Excel table.

I need to be able to do something on a monthly basis and it must be quick and easy ;)

Is there another way to create a copy of the results of a query, please? Maybe I'll have to create a Report and then 'print' as pdf.

Many thanks

Upvote 0
You can output the results of a query or table as a pdf - no need to monkey around with in between steps. You could use a macro I suppose, although I very rarely use them, thus can't advise much about that. My preference would be a form with a button that directly outputs the query as a pdf, even to the point of emailing it - with or without any sort of preview first.

Upvote 0
If you ultimate goal is to export a file, there is no need to make it a table first.
You can export the results of a query just as easily as you can as exporting it from a table.
As matter as fact, most anything you can do with a table you can also do with a query. So there is seldom a need to export the results of a query back to a table in order to do something with it.

Upvote 0
Many thanks for all your suggestions which have given me lots of food for thought and further ideas.

Micron - thanks. Yes, you got the point that I wanted something quick and easy, even if taking a bit more time to set up :)

I'll work on these ideas and see what I can come up with.

I appreciate your help and advice :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back