Access dynamic table update through vba in excel

vineet78

Board Regular
Hi

Do you know please if it is possible to update access table dynamically from excel vba. i use a vba code to do so but that does only when headers dont.change for access table. how is that possible when headings change?

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Don't understand what you mean by "only when headers dont.change for access table". Access tables don't have headers, they have fields that have names. Maybe you mean something else, like one time you're writing to one table, and another time it's a different table.

As for whether or not it's possible via vba, I'd have to say yes although I've never tried. I have controlled Excel from Access though, which I think is more common. The principles should be the same, but the burning question is, why would you when you can use TransferSpreadsheet function from either app, or import (link or not link) worksheets from the Access side, or export from Excel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back