Combo Box Value into Query

CodyMonster

Board Regular
Don't know if this has been answered in the past.
But I'm trying to pass a value from a combo box into a query criteria.
There is one issue though, I'm trying to get the values of yes or no into a > 0 value into the criteria value.
For example, if someone chooses "yes" in the combo box it would be >0 in the criteria. If it's "No" then the criteria would be blank.

Seems simple enough but I'm not really finding what I need when I search for it.

Thanks for anyone's help.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
I'm trying

Code:
IIf([Forms]![FrontPage]![ReverseCombo]="No",>0,"*")

in the criteria but it's not working.
I have a feeling this is something small and dumb I'm not doing here. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Hey thanks or replying back. I thought I was yelling into a canyon for second.
If the criteria is blank, it should return both positive and negative numbers.
I already have other criteria in the query that limits the data.

I kinda found a solution, in the code below. It works. But not the way I was looking to do it.
I wanted to have an iif statement in the criteria of the query that would be based off of the form input.

Now I have to figure out why I'm getting duplicates in my report.
googling is slow sometimes but I find an answer eventually.

Code:
Private Sub Run_Button_Click()Dim StrSQL As String
Dim db As DAO.Database
Dim qdf As DAO.QueryDef

Set db = Application.CurrentDb
Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("Report_Qry")

DoCmd.Close acReport, "ND- Form 10", acSaveNo

If Me.Reverse_Vol = "No" Then
StrSQL = "SELECT [Final10 Restatement History].Field, [Final10 Restatement History].Operator, [Final10 Restatement History].[Lease Number], [Final10 Restatement History].[Well Name and Number], [Final10 Restatement History].[NDIC CTB No], [Final10 Restatement History].[Quantity (bbls)] FROM [Final10 Restatement History] WHERE ((([Final10 Restatement History].[Quantity (bbls)])>0) AND (([Final10 Restatement History].Date)=[Forms]![FrontPage]![Avaliable_Dates]) AND (([Final10 Restatement History].Transporter)=[forms]![FrontPage]![Transporters]));"

Else
StrSQL = "SELECT [Final10 Restatement History].Field, [Final10 Restatement History].Operator, [Final10 Restatement History].[Lease Number], [Final10 Restatement History].[Well Name and Number], [Final10 Restatement History].[NDIC CTB No], [Final10 Restatement History].[Quantity (bbls)] FROM [Final10 Restatement History] WHERE ((([Final10 Restatement History].Date)=[Forms]![FrontPage]![Avaliable_Dates]) AND (([Final10 Restatement History].Transporter)=[forms]![FrontPage]![Transporters]));"

End If

qdf.SQL = StrSQL
DoCmd.OpenReport "ND- Form 10", acViewReport

End Sub

Upvote 0
If you add another text box in the form. It can be hidden. In the After Update Event of your Combo box make the value of the text box 2 for Yes, and 1 for No.
In the Query add a field with the expression: Expr1: IIf([Your Number Field]>0,2,1). In the Criteria of this expression put: >=[Forms]![Form1]![Your TextBox].
If the Combo is No, you get all the numbers, if the Combo is Yes, you only get the positives.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back