How can I find where the rows are not exactly the same for 2 tables?

statiCat

I have 2 tables, A and B, and I would like to find where the rows are not exactly the same.

For example:

I tried doing the find unmatched query wizard but that seems to only bring in where table A does not have an ID? So I would only get the 2nd line of my desired output. If I got the 2nd line through this method and the first line through another query, that would be fine too. I just need to pull both out one way or another. How can I do this in Access?

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Your example is a little sketchy.

Upvote 0
Can you elaborate? I have 2 tables. I want to select the rows that aren't the same. In the output, the first row has a different amount, in the 2nd row there is no match.

Upvote 0
Can you elaborate? There is no example in your first post.

Upvote 0
I tried doing the find unmatched query wizard but that seems to only bring in where table A does not have an ID? So I would only get the 2nd line of my desired output. If I got the 2nd line through this method and the first line through another query, that would be fine too. I just need to pull both out one way or another. How can I do this in Access?
The issue is the Unmatched Query Wizard only joins the two tables on one field. If you want to see if the records are not exactly the same (meaning, if every field is not exactly the same), you will need to match on EVERY field.

You can start with the Unmatched Query Wizard, if you like. Then open up the Query in Design View, and join all the other fields, in the same manner that the first one is joined. That will show you records in Table A that do not have an exact match in Table B.

If you want the opposite (records in Table B without exact matches in Table A), you will need to do the exact same thing going in the other direction.

Upvote 0
Excellent!
Glad I was able to help.:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back